Well I can still hardly believe it, but yesterday Brandt turned 2! Two years ago this giant sized baby came into our lives & it's been an adventure ever since! My heart is so full, I never knew it could grow this big. It's hard to imagine trying to fit anyone else into our little family but after days like Sat., I feel as if I want 10 more just like this one! Ok, maybe if we could dial down the energy level a little on the other 10, I could manage. Or maybe we go with just 2 more?? Well...we'll see. So back to Saturday- Seth had to work & my parents had a meeting so I was a little frantic thinking it would be just Brandt & I trying to get everything in order. Thank goodness my sister Kristin came to the rescue & go to town around 10. Just in time to come with us to pick up the cake & get a few last minute things I had forgotten! We got back & started in on the food preparations. We had chili, cornbread, cookies & icing to whip up, plus get the decorations set in place & only a few hours to do it all. We got it all done in time, but not without a few hiccups along the way....like the sugar cookies NOT turning out quite like planned. We used cookie cutters to make all sorts of fun shapes that everyone could decorate & take home. Well after they baked, they didn't all look like their intended shape & we had quite the laugh trying to solve the problem. The chili turned out good (if I do say so myself) & the cornbread was squeezed well...don't ask. The decorations looked good, despite the fact that we lost several balloons due to my lack of hot air- pause for your mean comments- but Kristin had plenty of her own & helped out :) 4 o'clock came around & everyone arrived. Brandt was so excited to have some friends over! We started by decorating cookies, the adults had just as much fun as the kids. Then we opened presents; Brandt got a velcro baseball glove & ball, a plastic fishing rod with fish to catch, 2 shirts for the summer, a v-tech computerized book thingy & a 1 1/2 gallon fish tank of his very own, equipped with 3 fish & all! We ate some food, followed by the Handy Manny cupcake creation & then let the kids run wild. All in all, I'd say it was a good day. Brandt definitely enjoyed his special day, as was evidenced by his bright red face & incredibly sweaty head at the end of it all! I'll post a few pictures from the day. More can be seen on facebook.....if you don't have that yet, be cool & join!








0 comments



Post a Comment